You know you have jelly rolls sitting around and you don’t know what to do with them. Make a Rug! The craze is still all over social media. Shelley Taylor is excited to show you how fun they are to make! We have oval and rectangle rug patterns by Roma Lambson of RJ Designs available at Corn Wagon as well as rolls of pre-cut batting strips. Choose the style you want to make, grab a jelly roll and let's sew!
- Jelly Roll Rug pattern by, RJ Design's
- 1 Jelly Roll or (42) 2-1/2" x 42" strips 100% cotton fabric strips
- Rolls of Bosal Katahdin On-A-Roll 100% organic cotton batting
OR 1-1/3 yards of 90" wide thin 100% cotton batting
- Fusible Batting Tape (optional, if you cut your own batting)
- 1200 yards of thread to blend or nicely contrast (variegated is fun)
- Mary Ellen's Best Press or similar product
- Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies
You will have prep work before class. Having the following steps complete before class means you will most likely leave class with a finished rug.
After you purchase your pattern, complete the following steps:
- Cutting Requirements (if you cut your own batting)
- Piece the Jelly Roll Strips
- Make the fabric and batting tube
- Make the coil/ball