In this fun kid’s class we will start by making simple 9-patch blocks, then we’ll cut them into quarters and reposition them to into new blocks. You can change the pattern of your quilt in the way you choose to lay out your blocks! Come see how much fun it is while learning basic quilt-making techniques in this 3-day sewing camp. You will make your own 41” x 54” quilt top and binding while in the class. If class fills up, we will schedule a second session! Kits are available to purchase separately on a first come first serve basis.
1. (60) 5" squares of assorted fabrics or 2 charm packs.
2. 1 yard solid color fabric for background, cut into (48) 5" squares.
3. 2/3 yard for outer border.
4. 5/8 yard for binding.
5. 1 2/3 yard for backing.
Basic Sewing Supplies
- Sewing machine in good working order with cord, foot control and bobbins
- 1/4" presser foot if you have one
- Thread to match fabric (or neutral color)
- Fabric scissiors
- Seam ripper
- Fabric pencil or pen
- Bring a snack to share and your own drink
|Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm|
Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm