We're offering more than one way to participate in National Jelly Roll Day! Lexi Lamb & Chris Chamberlain will be teaching a Jelly Roll Rug Class that day. Choose between an oval or rectangular Jelly Roll Rug, purchase a pattern by Roma Lambson here at the shop along with your other supplies and meet in our Sunrise Retreat Room 10am - 5pm, Saturday, September 21st for instruction and guidance while sewing your own Jelly Roll Rug. Register now online or in store for $55 (includes lunch!) and get ready to roll with us! Lexi chose a happy scrappy selection of Cotton + Steel fabrics to make the Squared variation of Roma Lambson's Jelly Roll Rug. We think it's brilliant that she used cork fabric to bind the edges! Adds strength and looks great too! There is a bit of prep work so be sure to read the following supply list and instructions carefully.
- Jelly Roll Rug pattern by, RJ Design's
- 1 Jelly Roll or (42) 2-1/2" x 42" strips 100% cotton fabric strips
- Rolls of Bosal Katahdin On-A-Roll 100% organic cotton batting
OR 1-1/3 yards of 90" wide thin 100% cotton batting
- Fusible Batting Tape (optional, if you cut your own batting)
- 1200 yards of thread to blend or nicely contrast (variegated is fun)
- Mary Ellen's Best Press or similar product
- Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies
You will have prep work before class. Having the following steps complete before class means you will most likely leave class with a finished rug.
After you purchase your pattern, complete the following steps:
- Cutting Requirements (if you cut your own batting)
- Piece the Jelly Roll Strips
- Make the fabric and batting tube
- Make the coil/ball